Friday, September 18, 2009

Wait......Honey, Why Are There 2 Cows Down There?

So, after the kids did the feeding, I was out checking on T-Bone (who is going to finish pasture) and Kahlani (who is due "in the fall") and the Sirs (who are next years eating). I have four cattle in front of me. These are my cattle. I know that. Then I looked along the northern pasture line and see two more large black spots off the eastern side of the pasture. Now, I've just come from the west pasture, and KNOW that Gumdrop and Squire are safely in there. What the Eck?

"Honey, why does it look like there are 2 cows down there? And one looks like a calf.."

Jim goes as far down the lane between the cow pasture and goat pen and sure enough...yep, cattle. Yep, one's a calf. Not sure if they are on our land or not, as we didn't have the time to go all the way over there.....but they didn't appear to be contained.

I've heard of dumped dogs...but dumped cattle? This is ridiculous! We can only hope that it's the backside neighbors cows. Right? Or else, I got more beef this year than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment