Monday, October 5, 2009

Tulsa State Fair

Friday we (my mother, and my girls) went to the Tulsa State Fair to watch the Dexter Cattle show. The longhorns were running low, and we learned more about longhorns that we never wanted to know, LOL. Since they were running long, we wandered around and looked at the other beef breeds, seeing a few that we thought were something to look into (Angus, Santa Gertrudis, and Gelbveih.) We had fun wandering around the exchange center, and the cattle barn. Some of those dairy udders looked to hold enough milk for a whole week's worth of milk use around here....WOW. I do have to say, it was obvious they had not been milked that morning, and I felt sorry for the old girls. A couple of them were leaking as they were walked around the ring.

I did think that the cow showing thing looks kind of fun, on a limited basis--Tulsa State Fair, and maybe the OKC State Fair. So, maybe that's a thought for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment