Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wow, Muscovies!

Well, barter is alive and well in the world, right? So, mom paid for my broilers, and I picked up her Muscovy ducklings. These guys are 12 - 13 weeks old. There is an assortment of males and females. There are eight. Four of them are black bodied and a variation of white/black speckling on the head. The other four are white based, varying from almost pure white to blue splash.

I agreed with Jim about having ducks. We were given the Rouens. He likes the mallard look...but I like the Muscovies! Oh well, we'll see how things work out.

Now, let's talk about rain. I like rain, especially in the hot, hot summer. It rained yesterday, it was raining again when I got up. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Someone mentioned on a list that most years her goats have begun the winter coat growth by now. I haven't been very observant of this, except I did notice they kept their winter coats quite late this year. Given that nighttime temperatures were in the 50s in June this year, I can see why. Everyone has awesome looking summer coats right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment