Wednesday, March 10, 2010

LIfe is Funny Sometimes

Coffee.....check
Get dressed.....check
Take truck to gas station.....check
Put gas in front tank.....uh.....check.....but what the hell?!? There are chicken eggs in the bed of the truck. Guess I found one of the hiding places my hens have been using! Right, now what? They will NOT survive the ride to Pawnee and back, so...I go inside, and ask for some paper towels and a small sack. I wrap each of the five eggs, and carefully put it in the sack, and proceed on my merry way.
Buy 350 pounds of assorted animal food.....check.
Get home.....check
Haul 350 pounds of food into the house.....oh, ow, ow, check
Call hubby and amuse him.....check

The seriously amusing thing is I had just told Mom on Monday that I need to find the hens' hiding places, because I'd definitely seen chicken sex, but no eggs. I also located the "nest" of my ONE Rouen duck. I left THAT egg there.

Post blog.....check

No comments:

Post a Comment