Monday, July 6, 2009

Holidays = Cow Chasing

Well apparently, if I pick up animals on a holiday, I get to chase them. I picked up Shay on Valentine's Day, and got to spend 5 hours getting her back and into the field at Mom's. I spent a couple of hours on the 4th getting the two new steers (who thankfully did NOT go far, just had to convince them that Gumdrop was not cannabilistic, and she really wasn't quite as mean as she appeared.) She chased Sir Loin out of the pasture a second time. That escape took us a bit longer to get him back in to the pasture, as it was getting dark, and people apparently look as bad as any other predator in the dusk.

Sunday, we went and picked up the new momma from Skiatook. We brought her home, but did not immediately let her out into the pasture, instead, choosing to leave her in the trailer for an hour or so for everyone to become acquainted without causing a huge fuss. It appeared to work. This morning everyone was at least not antagonistic toward each other.

I have new photos to share. As soon as I get them uploaded and edited, I'll make a new post.

1 comment:

  1. been there done that.. except my critters always seem to escape on a Sunday morning after I'm dressed for church and Rob has to work that night so isn't available to help :) Gotta love 'em (though it does make it easier to see them as *food* not pets LOL) Hope everything has settled back down a dull roar today!

    ReplyDelete